Friday 29 January 2016

Michael Woods at the Ministry of Sound

He produced Example’s only UK number 1, had a few top number 20 hits with tracks like Warrior, is currently based in the US with a Vegas residency, runs Diffused Music via Armada, has more than 500,000 followers on social media and is coming to the UK for a gig tomorrow.
Michael Woods has certainly been around the block on the music front! And now his legions of fans can see him in action at the Ministry of Sound tomorrow night.
He’s based over in America these days for his Vegas residency, but he’ll be down in London to spin his vast catalogue of tunes.
His new track Sleep has just been released on Armada – the track boasts a Michael Jackson feel, exploring the world of disco-house, something which is totally different to his last track London Baby which was a much grittier, bass heavy tune.
So what can we expect from the gig?
"I always look forward to playing at London's Ministry of Sound because it always attracts a really cool crowd who know and love their music," says Michael.
"I expect to be playing a lot of my own material both new and old, as well as some recent remixes just completed.
"I always like to mix it up and don't like to be pigeon-holed into one sound. There will be some surprises but if I told you what they were it wouldn't be a surprise!"
It's not the first time he's played at the venue and he says he's looking forward to being back.
"I've played there a number of times, and each time seems to get even better than the last," he says.
"I love the state of the art sound system there which they've painstakingly tweaked to deliver the best sound experience.
"The audiences in London are the best people to showcase new material to as they always seem open to new music.
"This is great for me as a producer because I'm always testing out new material. Vegas on the whole prefers to hear top 40 music.
"It's also a great feeling to be able to play your own music to a crowd of people and feels even better when you get a really positive enthusiastic response."
Michael says his musical inspiration comes from his dad and Michael Jackson, not to mention the dance music of the early 90s.
"My father had taught me music from a very early age so it was always in my blood – it’s a tough industry to get into but I've had a lot of helping hands along the way," he says.
"I used to love listening to Michael Jackson growing up. These days it's just anyone who makes good music.
"In my career, I've gotten to work with some great artists - working with Neyo in LA on a track for Shakira was probably one of the highlights. Neyo is an incredible artist, singer and songwriter, it was incredible to watch him work.
"I'd love to collab with Calvin Harris and Armin Van Buuren one day!"
Until then he's pleased to be back in South London and if you miss this gig he says he hopes to be back in the summer.
"I've got lots of music planned for 2016, a lot of it already written and produced so I'm really looking forward to getting it out there," he says.
"There's lot of gigs planned too with tours in Asia and Australia as well as the usual USA and UK shows."



No comments:

Post a Comment